A pumpkin is a block that looks like a pumpkin which has the same texture on all 4 sides of it, it appears on the green patches of land or biomes. Whereas a carved pumpkin is just the carved version of the Pumpkin that can be used as a spawn golem or can be worn as headgear. Carved pumpkins generate in rail rooms in the woodland mansion and also in pillagers outposts as part of being a scarecrow. The appearance of a pumpkin in a stony or sandy or grassy biome with only a few grass blocks in it is rare. Once a pumpkin is carved it cannot be changed back to the uncarved version. If the pumpkin is carved it automatically turns towards the player.
The usage of pumpkins:
- Helmet – A carved pumpkin can be used as a helmet or headgear even though it does not have any actual purpose. It functions as a mask to help the player to face Endermen without the threat of being attacked by them. But if the player wears the helmet, it limits the player’s view to the size of the masks pattern of the carved pumpkin.
- To build Golems – Snow Golems and Iron Golems can be made out of carved pumpkins. There is another requirement for making these golems and that would be snow blocks for snow golems and iron blocks for iron golems. While building a snow golem or iron golem, the orientation of the carved pumpkin does not matter. The carved pumpkin has to be placed on the top of the golem to represent the face of the golem.
The enchantments that the player could receive through an anvil would be: Curse of Binding & Curse of Vanishing
A carved pumpkin cannot be made with a crafting table or furnace. Instead, the player has to use shears to carve the face into the pumpkin. Firstly, the carved pumpkin is available on the following versions of Minecraft that is Java Edition, Pocket Edition, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Windows 10 Edition, and the Education Edition.
The materials that are required to make a carved pumpkin are:
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 shear
How to carve a pumpkin? The first thing that the player has to do is to find a pumpkin plant that is growing in the Minecraft world. To find the plant the player can search in the Mountains or the Plains biomes. Next is, to get the Shears in the player’s hand by selecting them from the Hot bar. Then the player has to select the pumpkin with the help of the plus sign, when the player selects the pumpkin, the pumpkin would get highlighted. Now the player has to use the shears to carve the pumpkin. The game control of the shears on the pumpkin depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For the Java Edition, right-click on the pumpkin
- For the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions, press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For the Wii U, press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For the Pocket Edition (PE), just tap on the pumpkin
- For PS3 and PS4, the player has to press the L2 button on the PS controller
- For the Nintendo Switch, press the ZL button on the controller
- For the Windows 10 Edition, right-click on the pumpkin
- For Education Edition, right-click on the pumpkin
Once the face is carved on the pumpkin, 4 seeds would fall out of the pumpkin which can be added into the player’s inventory. Now the player can carve out the pumpkin, to do so the game control would be different depending on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition, left click and hold on the carved pumpkin
- For the Pocket Edition, the player has to tap and hold on to the carved pumpkin.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press and hold the RT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 AND PS4, press and hold the R2 button on the PS controller
- For the Wii U version, press and hold the ZR button on the gamepad
- For the Nintendo Switch Version, press and hold the ZR button on the controller.
- For the Windows 10 Edition version, left click and hold on the carved pumpkin
- For the Education Edition version, left click and hold on to the carved pumpkin.
Once this is done the carved pumpkin will break and a smaller version of the carved pumpkin will float on the ground. Now lastly, the player has to pick up the pumpkin before it disappears. It will appear on the players’ Hot bar once it has been picked by the player. You have done it!!!
Also Read: How did we get here